Monday, April 30, 2012

Sea Sick Pomade Review

I follow the wave news pretty carefully. I know when a particular product or technology has the industry buzzing. I say industry because yes we have our wave nation, but the industry is product companies that market and distribute the products that we use for our methods. There are tons of products out there that claim to do a whole lot, but we know that talk is cheap. Unfortunately many of these product companies have big bank accounts and they spend to advertise and promote to get these products on the shelves. Its up to us to decipher through all of the mumbo jumbo and find products that work for us.
The product I am reviewing today is not from a major product company. On the contrary its the brainchild of a small businessman from California who has been an active voice in the wave community for many years. It is not marketed heavily so through my networking in the wave community forums I have discovered and will now review Sea Sick Pomade by how2getwaves.com
(I ordered this product online. When I'm dealing with small businesses I always look for customer service. Being a small businessman myself I know the importance of customer satisfaction. Big companies make sure that their products are on the shelves for us to buy. Smaller businesses may have to deal with you directly or through email in order to complete transactions. When I review products from small businesses, part of my review depends on the overall ordering experience.)
I was a bit leery at first because there was no telephone number listed for customer service. I'm just funny about stuff like that. The ordering process was fairly simple however. I paid with my paypal account. Shipping was handled by United Postal Service and took a little longer than I expected to arrive. It did however arrive after 11 days and I received exactly what I ordered. 2oz of Sea Seasick Pomade in a white no frills labeled container.
The first thing I do when I get a product for my is hair is smell it. Force of habit. This products smells amazing! Hands down best smelling product in the game. Yes even better than Hollywood Carrot Creme, by a landslide. Think grape Kool Aid mixed with bubble gum....Exactly! That's one thing I definitely like about Sea Sick. I also like the name. It just sounds like its a wave product. 
This product is classified as a pomade. For the most part I steer clear of pomades because I have better products that are easier on the hair and have never really found a need for them. I didn't really like the old school pomades like Murrays and Dax. Those were just too thick and messy for me. I don't like weighing my hair down with a ridiculous amount of product. Sea Sick is promoted to be an all natural light weight whipped pomade. When used you are supposed to have a smooth sheen and laid down hair. Its also promoted to be very low build up and easy to wash out with water. Quite a lot of claims to back up. I can co-sign all of that though. I have been using Sea Sick off and on for over a year. It has found its way into my second half wolfing stage, weeks 4 to 8.
The way I use it a 2oz container has lasted me forever. I use it after my hair is already conditioned and laid down. Its applys very smooth and evenly. The scent is an added effect to the supreme shine. Once I apply a small amount evenly around boths sides, front and back I brush it in good with a medium brush. Eventhough its lightweight it does have a firm hold of the hair and is very good for brushing. You can see it reinforcing your wave pattern. I usually apply it at night and durag overnight. The next morning my hair is on point. Shiny smooth and smelling wonderful. I brush it out with a soft brush and it maintains a generous luster for days.
I have no idea what the ingredients of this product are to determine if it is natural or not. I don't really like that too much, but I can understand how he may feel someone is gonna try to infringe the copyrights. Small businesses have to protect certain secrets. Not a huge deal, but I still don't like it because I like to know what I'm putting in my hair. My hair is my business and I have to keep it looking good.
Overall I am very pleased with the product. I will continue to use it and will reorder whenever I run low. I recommend this for anyone who wants a great smelling product that does the job of laying your waves down and keeping them smooth and shiny for days.
For this review Sea Sick Pomade receives 3.5 out of 5.
All products that I review will be considered for Product of the year in December.
Follow @drmanhattan718 on twitter for daily tips and info on waves.

No comments:

Post a Comment