Sunday, April 22, 2012

Tsu Rag Review

This is the first of MANY product reviews I will be doing for the 360 nation. Let me start by saying that I am very ethical and give UNBIASED reviews of all products I feel will have an impact on the community of wavers that I am here to educate and support.
This review is on a product that is attempting to revolutionize the wave community. It looks to replace the du rags, wave caps, stocking caps, scarves and bandanas that we have all been using for years to lay our hair down.
So without further ado...heeeeeres the review!
The Tsu Rag claims to be the Tsulution to all of our durag problems. Its stringless so no more lines on the forehead from tight durags or stocking caps. But is that enough to warrant the $10 price tag. Yes you head me correctly, the Tsu Rag is a whopping $10 plus shipping. So be prepared to spend that for one of these.
Is it better than a traditional durag? Or should I ask is it a suitable replacement, what its looking to become?
To answer that let's weigh out some pros and cons.
Straight out of the package I definitely like the material. Its stretchable in all directions and has a very smooth texture. That's great for waves. BUT the fasteners are made of velcro. I work as an upholsterer for cars so I am very familiar with the material. One thing I know is it doesn't really hold up well when it gets wet often so that's gonna be an issue there. Especially since a durag is $2 and lasts forever pretty much, and the Tsu Rag costs 5 times as much and may not last that long (remains to be seen still). That's not a major issue right now though because it secures fine with the velcro so far.
The Tsu Rag is extremely comfortable. I ordered a size Large and it fits me perfectly. I wear a 7.5 hat size. I have to admit that I don't like how it looks on me though. Just takes some gettin used to I guess, but it looks weird. And a big issue I have with it is, unlike my durags, I can't wear this with a fitted hat. I wear fitteds often so that's a no bueno for me. Not a deal breaker though.
Another issue I have with the Tsu Rag is, unlike my durag, it doesn't stay on too well over night. Mine always starts slipping off and that kinda defeats the purpose of having it on. I notice that if I try to take off my shirts or sweaters with it on it doesn't stay on well either. So that's an issue there. Durags are more reliable for sure in that department.
I wore the Tsu Rag for a week. Even to the gym. No problems with it during normal activities. I wrestled with my girl and it came off. Wrestle with her and the durag stays put.
So overall not much more to say here. I do like the Tsu Rag. Very nice, innovative and timely. I will even continue to wear the one I have. I don't feel however that it will ever replace my durag. I'm just too used to it and it works fine wit no line for me. Many people will love this thing and I encourage you to try it for sure. Great product? Yes indeed I feel it definitely deserves the attention its been receiving and you should check them out. Durag Killer? I wouldn't go as far as to say that. The Durag has been around for so many years and is as popular as it is because it works. Veteran users of the Durag have found ways to overcome the issues that new wavers experience. Its called paying your dues. If you really know how to rock a durag and have been doing it from way back then you already know. I like the durability of it. And I wear them under a fitted with no problem at all, which is a plus for me. I will still use my durags as well at times. All of my reviews end with a product rating on a scale of 1 to 5 and I will announce my product of the year in December. The Tsu Rag gets a 3.5 out of 5 from this review. A definite contestant for product of the year. Stay tuned for more reviews coming up. I use all of the products that I review for at least a week and try my best to review products that are demand in our community. Follow @drmanhattan718 on twitter for daily tips on waves and hair care.

9 comments:

  1. Love this review of the tsurag as I also have one. I love how the tsurag does provide compression and lays the hair down. I also like how the tsurag fits. I bought 2 large tsurags and i think that a medium would have been better. This would be a durag killer if one, the way the tsurag fastened was better. velcro is nice but its needs something more.
    This review is the best review that i have read and as a fellow waver and fellow blogger i will be looking forward to seeing what you have to say!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also bought one last year xxl too big needed a xl...?? I like it but my man's review nailed it! It comes off when I'm sleep defeats the purpose..and my Velcro got old and want stay clamped...so I added new Velcro and used gorilla glue and ironed it on perfect it's now flat and works better than ever!!just had to get creative..

      Delete
  2. Thanks bro. I appreciate that. I will definitely keep the reviews coming. I'm working on one now asa matter of fact. Should be up tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is true but there is a way the Tsurag can stay on during the night. One waver name Evan Kennerly has a video on youtube that shows how to put the Tsurag on to make it fit better. Idk if you ever heard of him or not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will check it out for sure...thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome bruh, just type in how to put tsurag on snug and fit on youtube. Make sure the username is wavestogood22

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did anybody have a problem with actually receiving there product, how kong did it take bfor you to receive after purchasing.Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. I recently purchased the tsurag, I ordered a s/m & l/xl, being that I wasn't sure which would fit better. Decided to use the s/m due to the tighter fit and less elasticity.. only issues I have are, number 1-the top is not compressed as much as the sides and back; which it does perfectly.Number 2-the crown is tad bit loose as well, and number 3-I feel it needs longer Velcro patches due to the elasticity of the product. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Been using my tsurag for about a week and my waves up top are spinnin'! About to start wolfin', can't wait to see my sides.

    Edward from How To Grow Hair Today

    ReplyDelete